How to slow down YouTube videos
Slow motion effect on YouTube
Slow motion effect will permit you to watch more attentively certain moment in a video. You can always download YouTube video and watch it with this effect in any player. Alternatively, this function is already presented in YouTube-player. Additionally, you can use special website that offers several convenient settings to set up this effect. So read further to learn how to slow down YouTube videos.
Let’s slow down YouTube videos
Slow down YouTube videos in Google Chrome
You can download Google Chrome to use this feature immediately. With any other browser it is necessary to change some settings.
After you install and start the Chrome browser, do this:
- Open YouTube and launch any video.
- During playback click on the gear (arrow 1) in the right corner of the video to open the menu;
- Click on the menu "Normal" (arrow 2);
- Select the speed for video. You can accelerate video (values 2x, 1,5x, 1,25x) or decelerate it (values 0.5x and 0.25x).
Slow down YouTube videos in other browsers
If you do not want to use Google Chrome, you can request the HTML5 player for Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, or Microsoft Internet Explorer. Click on the appropriate button to activate HTML5 player in your browser (you will see the confirmation "The HTML5 player is currently used when possible").
Slow down YouTube videos on YouTubeSlow.com
There is a special web service that allows you to slow down video playback for YouTube. It is called YouTubeSlow.com.
- Open the website in your browser (arrow 1),
- Copy the URL of the video on YouTube that you want to watch in slow motion.
- Paste this URL in the area above (arrow 2).
- Click "Slow it!" (arrow 3) to watch the video.
Control video playback on YouTubeSlow.com
YouTubeSlow.com will download the video; after that you will be able to slow it down. There are several controls:
- Launch slow motion, pause it or watch normal speed (arrow 1).
- Move sliders to define how much the video will advance on each step (arrow 2).
- Define the part of the video to be played (arrow 3).
So this is how to slow down YouTube videos! Try this feature in any browser without any troubles.