How to install Thunderbird
Tutorial on how to install Thunderbird.
Thunderbird is a free and cross-platform email and chat client created by the Mozilla. The main feature of this application is, certainly, the e-mail management. You can take care of multiple emails and newsgroups, quickly find necessary information within emails, filter emails and create groups of them. Certainly, there is also a built-in spam filter, and it only allows emails from people added to your address book.
Let’s install Thunderbird!
1. You need to download Thunderbird in the first place. You can download the last version of Thunderbird from this page, or from the official Mozilla website (there you need to choose the package (usually it is selected automatically), and click on download). If you are using Google Chrome browser, it will launch the installation file automatically. Otherwise, you can click on Start and type ‘thunderbird’. Find there the installation file and left-click on it to launch.
How to cite a YouTube video
2. After you run the installation file, you will see the wizard (in next picture). Simply click ‘Next’ to proceed with setup. (You may read the standard notification, if you wish).
3. Here you can select settings. So, if you do not want to set it up, click again ‘Next’ (3). Un-tick the box ‘Use Thunderbird as my default mail application’ (2) in case you are using (or you will use) other clients.
Choose ‘Custom’ (2) to set up advanced options.
4. If you select ‘Custom’ installation, the wizard will offer to change the location on the HDD for installation (1). Thunderbird requires less than 60 MB, so you definitely will not run out of space.
5. The next step is presented below. Simply uncheck the boxes if you do not want icons of Thunderbird being created on Desktop, in Start Menu or in Quick Launch Bar.
How many videos are on YouTube
Actually, if you are going to use this application regularly, tick the ‘In my Quick Launch bar’ line only, so to be able to open Thunderbird in one click.
6. This is the last step. Check the notification whether Thunderbird will be installed in the correct folder, and if it will be used by default.
Once you want to change some settings, click ‘Back’.
Once you click 'Install', wait for several seconds until Thunderbird unpack its files in the installation folder.
7. Un-tick the box in case you do not want to run Thunderbird right after installment, and click on the button ‘Finish’. You have successfully installed Mozilla Thunderbird on your computer!
Now you know how to install Thunderbird! Download it from here and use this advanced tool for email management!