How to edit files in Dropbox
Tutorial on how to edit files in Dropbox.
Editing in Dropbox.
Once you download Dropbox and try to use it, you will need to rename files, change their destination, and create new folders and albums. Certainly, you can do all that on the HDD in the Dropbox folder. However, there is also a possibility to change everything online.
What you can change in Dropbox:
Delete files and folders
Move files and folders
Create folders and albums
Read further and learn how to edit files in Dropbox profile online!
Let’s edit files in Dropbox!
1. Go to dropbox site and sign in to your account. You will be redirected to the main page, where Dropbox shows all your files.
In order to change or move files you need to select them firstly. So pick any file to open the toolbar on the top. As you can see, Dropbox offers you to share, download, delete and rename files. There is also a pop-up menu for “More” and don't forget to learn how to set up Dropbox. Click to do some other stuff: to transfer file/folder to other folder, copy the file, check the previous version of file, or watch a file in Photos section (if this is a photo/image/video).
2. How to rename a file.
It is as simple as breathing. Pick the file and then select from the toolbar the option “Rename”. Right afterwards type the name for the file and press Enter.
Note: right-click on the file and select “Rename” from the pop-up menu.
3. How to move a file/a folder.
Select a file you wish to move to a different folder, then click on “More” to open menu, and choose “Move”. In the new window (in the screenshot below), choose the folder, where you want have this file, and click on the button “Move”.
Note: right-click on the file and select “Move” from the menu, then select the folder.
4. Now you will see a confirmation on the top. Click on the name of your folder (“New folder” in our picture) to open it and see transferred file. Click “Undo” if you do not want to transfer file there. Learn more how to share folders on Dropbox.
5. How to create a new album.
Now go to Photos section (it is located on the left of the main screen). There you will see all your photographs. Pick several of them and right-click on any of them. Select “Add [number] to album…”.
6. Click on the line “Create new album” and type in the name for it. Press Enter,..
...and check out the link to your album on the top. Click on underlined name to open album.
7. Dropbox redirect you to the album you have just created. Right-click on the name (1) to change it, or to delete/share album. Right-click on the photo you wish to set as a cover and select the appropriate option from the menu (2).
As you see, it is very easy! Download Dropbox and check out by yourself!