How to create playlist on YouTube
YouTube playlist creation
If you want to create a YouTube playlist, then read our explanation on that. In fact, it is really simple to do. YouTube allows you to create video playlists from the video on your channel or from the other channel’s videos. If you want to download these YouTube videos to watch them on the computer, try free YTD Video Downloader or Freemake Video Downloader from our website.
How to create a YouTube playlist:
- Open Creator Studio on YouTube;
- Create a playlist;
- Add videos to the playlist;
- Arrange videos in the playlist;
- Publish it!
Let’s create a playlist on YouTube
In order to generate a YouTube playlist, you need to open Creator Studio on the website. Sign into your YouTube profile, click on the icon (arrow 1) in the top-right corner of the main page and select "Creator Studio" (arrow 2).
Open the page "Playlists"
In Creator Studio, click on "Video Manager" (arrow 1) and then select the sub-category "Playlists" in the menu (arrow 2).
Create a YouTube playlist
You are now on the YouTube page of all existing playlists in your account.
- Click on "+ New playlist" on the right (arrow 1);
- Enter the title for the playlist (arrow 2);
- Restrict the access to the playlist. Select "Public" (available to everyone) or "Private" (the playlist will not be shown in search results) or "Unlisted" (video's URL can be exchanged). More detailed information is on the Google Support website.
- Click on "Create" (arrow 4).
Add videos to the YouTube playlist
There is no reason to create a YouTube playlist without the videos. Therefore, YouTube instantly offers you to add the necessary clips. You see three tabs here. The first one is "Video Search". The second one demands to enter the URL of the video, while the last proposes you to select videos that you have uploaded. And don't forget about logo - here you can learn how to make a youtube logo.
- Enter your request in the area (arrow 1) and press Enter. YouTube will offer the results.
- Select the videos you want to add by left-clicking on each of them (arrows 2).
- Add videos by clicking on the appropriate button (arrow 3).
Your first YouTube playlist
This is how your playlist will look like.
Pay attention to some important controls:
- The first video in the list will be the preview (thumbnail) of the playlist, and it will be played first in the list.
- To arrange the videos hover the cursor in the area 1 so that the button will appear near the video. Click on that button and hold it, then drag up/down to paste the video between other clips.
- Click on the button "Add videos" if you want to extend the playlist.
- Hover the cursor in the right area of the video to make appear the button "More" (area 3). When you click on it, you will be able to set the current video as a thumbnail, to add or change the notes about the video, or move it to other place in the list.
By the way read abput how to make a new youtube account.
Add videos to YouTube playlist
If you want to extend the playlist, click on the button "Add videos". Now add URL of a certain video. Open the tab URL (arrow 1) and paste the link of the YouTube video (arrow 2). YouTube will load the video; it will be shown in the middle (arrow 3). Now click on "Add videos" (arrow 4) in this page.
This is how to create a YouTube playlist!